While some cats are covered only with a short fuzz or even completely hairless, other cats are what we would describe as “fluffy.” Medium to long-haired cats are referred to as fluffy cats. The fluff is often what you would notice first from a fluffy cat. Because this is such a defining feature, your cat deserves a name from our list of fluffy cat names.
Many cats fall into this group of fluffy cats, and they include some of the most popular cat breeds such as the Himalayan, Persian, and the Maine Coon. To fulfill the high demand for fluffy cat names, we have compiled a list of names with meanings that will fit your cat’s appearance and personality.
We start this article with some of the top fluffy cat names. We also have food names, fun names, and names inspired by other animals—all of which are famous for being fluffy. Feast your eyes on names that will aptly describe your cat’s unmatched fluffiness.
Top Fluffy Cat Names
Below are names listed in the alphabetic order that will be appropriate for any fluffy cat regardless of the breed. Most of the fluffy names in this list can be used by either male or female felines because the names are targeted at expressing the fluffy coat that your cat has irrespective of gender.
- Cloud: This will be appropriate for both white and grey-colored cats.
- Cottonball: You know how fluffy and white a cotton ball is, so give this name to your little beauty.
- Cozy: The purpose of getting a fluffy feline is to enjoy some cozy times together.
- Cuddles: Fluffy cats give the best cuddles.
- Curly: Great for cats that have curly hair such as the Selkirk Rex or the Devon Rex.
- Downy: The name refers to the soft hair that grows close to the skin.
- Feathers: For that feline with feather-like hair.
- Fizzle: It makes a good-sounding name which your cat will love. If you have two cats, you can name the other one Pop.
- Flannel: Flannel is a material often used for babies because of its soft texture.
- Fluffy: It is about fluffy cats, so why not make it simple and call your cat Fluffy.
- Frankie: The name originated in America. It means ‘truthful or free.’ Your cat has his hair running wild and free on him, so this name is apt.
- Lush: The hair on your cat’s coat grows lush like trees in a forest.
- Nimbus: It literally means a halo or a circle of light. Your fluffy, white cat looks like an angel that wears a halo.
- Nugent: Name your kitty after Ted Nugent. His hair looks fluffy, and he has an album called “Cat Scratch Fever.”
- Pillow: Great name for cats that can sleep the whole day away. Makes you wonder how much sleep do cats really need, doesn’t it?
- Rapunzel: For your long-haired princess.
- Ringlet: After the shape of a strand of hair on your feline. Great name for Rex cat breeds because of their curly hair.
- Silky: You can also call her Silk.
- Snow Flake: A cute name for white cats.
- Snow White: She may not go around with her seven dwarfs, but your elegant feline would love this name.
- Snowball: Perfect for a white cat or an aloof feline.
- Snowberry: Sounds cute.
- Snuggles: For that cuddly lap cat. Does your cat belong to one of the best lap cat breeds?
- Velvet: A cute name for a long-haired cat.
- Winter: Another name for fluffy white cats. For a cold prima donna.
- Wooly: There is no sheep cat, but there is nothing wrong with naming your cat Wooly.
Fluffy Cat Names Inspired by Food
Cats, like any other pets, love to eat. However, unlike dogs, cats can be quite finicky and picky, because they know what they want. If you are a foodie, wouldn’t it be great to name your cat after one of your favorite treat, dessert, spice, or savory dish?
In this case, however, we have picked out foods that have a fluffy consistency either in their natural state or their cooked or whipped form in order to compliment your fluffy cat
- Butter: You know what they say about anything cooked in butter. It will be ideal for a yellow or a fluffy orange cat. For many more orange cat names, check out this article.
- Cheddar: Instead of calling your cat Cheese, you can name him/her after your favorite cheese like cheddar.
- Cheesecake: We know a great cheesecake must be fluffy and moist.
- Cotton Candy: Comes in different colors and remains delightfully fluffy.
- Creampuff: A name that is right for a sweet, fluffy cat.
- Creamy: For a sweet-natured cat.
- Custard: A calm fluffy cat will appreciate this name.
- Godiva: After the decadent chocolate that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside after you eat it.
- Jell-O: Few things are as soft as Jell-O.
- Latte: Inspired by the creamy foam on a good latte.
- Marshmallow: Sweet, white, and soft are some of the qualities that come to mind when you think of marshmallows and also your cat.
- Meringue: Inspires by the French pastry.
- Milkshake: Light, airy, and sweet.
- Popcorn: We believe this is a good name for a fluffy cat because of the shape of the corn when it is popped and the feel of it as well.
- S’mores: Delicious, fluffy, sticky, and irresistible.
- Taffy: Fluffy, chewy, and sweet. What better words to describe your feline friend?
- Tapioca: A basic thickener used in many types of cooking.
- Tofu: If you love Asian cuisine then you will be glad to name your cat after this significant soymilk derivative. This wobbly white wonder is undeniably fluffy.
- Waffles: Like it’s often said, waffles are fluffy, warm, and golden. Perfect name for a brown or orange-colored cat.
Funny Fluffy Cat Names
There are many funny names that can be conjured for your fluffy feline. These names will fit a fluffy cat with a funny nature, or you might give one of these names to a no-nonsense cat to make fun of him/her and hopefully get them to take life less seriously.
These are the ones that we have come up with for you, but remember that there are many more that you can come up with on your own; let your funny bone take over.
- Admiral Fluff: This name will be ideal for a male, serious-looking fluffy cat. If you are into ships and water, you can pick Captain Fluff.
- Casper: After Casper the friendly ghost.
- Chewbacca: Hopefully your cat does not have to cough up hairballs often, but if he/she does, some tips to reduce shedding might help alleviate the problem.
- Flava Fluff: For a cat with swag.
- Fluffernutter: It is a sandwich that combines marshmallow and peanut butter. If you have a white cat with a streak of brown, then you can’t get a better name than this.
- Fluffmaster: An honorable name for a male cat.
- Fluffmeister: The maestro of fluff. It could be a name that honors your fluffy cat for having the best fluff you have ever seen.
- Fluffmonster: Ideal for a cat covered in a lot of hair.
- Foofur: A name that sounds silly and fun for your furry darling.
- Furbaby: Recommended for a hairy kitten. Although all living things grow up with time, some stay young at heart.
- Furball: Another great name for your fuzzy feline.
- Furby: Furby is a toy in a fluffy covering. Does that describe your cat?
- Fuzz: This may be ideal for a cat covered in fuzz.
- Fuzzbutt: A funny name. Can be given to your cat just for giggles or in reference to his/her stuck-up nature.
- Fuzzeria: Sounds like a classy, feminine name.
- Fuzzy Britches: For a feline with longer hair on the underbelly.
- Fuzzy Lumpkins: The real-life situation of fluffy, long-haired cat is that their hair can tangle to form lumps. It’s sad but true, although some breeds like the Ragdoll have rabbit-like hair that’s more tangle-resistant.
- Fuzzy: You can use it as it is or add another name, for example, Fuzzy Bill.
- Fuzzy-Wuzzy: Perfect for a fluffy, clumsy cat.
- Hairy: Obviously!
- Harry: A name that tries to be obscure in stating the hairy nature of your cat.
- Mayor Fluffington: A great name for a dominant cat.
- Mr. Fluffer Nutter: You can pick either Fluffer or Nutter as a nickname. You can change the Mr. to Ms. if you have a female kitty.
- Mrs. Softy: This name can also be appropriate for a cat with a gentle nature. If yours is masculine, then call him Mr. Softy.
- PlushKitti: This name has a luxurious feel to it.
- Powder Puff: Preferably for a female cat; girls can’t do without their powder puff.
- Prince Fluffster: More fun names with a luxurious allure.
- Puffy: Alternatively you can use the word Puff.
- Ruffles: The fluffy hair of your cat can be compared to ruffles on a garment.
- Shaggy: Appropriate for fluffy cats with rather wiry or floppy hair.
- Sir Fluffs A Lot: If you and your cat don’t mind the length. Can be shortened to Fluffa.
- Teddy Bear: Similar to the real bear, a teddy bear is also fluffy and cuddly. You can call your feline friend Teddy for short.
- Wookiee: A fun name for a long-haired cat. We’ve also got a whole article dedicated to Star Wars cat names here.
Fluffy Cat Names Inspired by Other Fluffy Animals
Cats are not the only pets or animals that are fluffy. If you love all things fluff, you can name your cat after some other fluffy animal that you find fascinating or the ones that pique your curiosity. We have below a list of other animal-inspired that you can pick from:
- Ankara: A breed or fluffy rabbit. This name will fit a quiet, docile, and shy cat.
- Arctic Fox: Appropriate for a hardy cat that can endure harsh conditions like the Siberian cat. We recommend calling him/her “Arctic.”
- Baby Alba: Inspired by the baby albatross.
- Bear: This will be fitting for a brown feline, and it is reminiscent of the thick nature of a bear’s coat.
- Bichons: A fluffy breed of dog; if you love both cats and dogs, this is a way to express that.
- Bunny: Some cats are said to have rabbit-like hair.
- Fleece: Your cat’s fluffy coat can look a lot like a sheep’s sometime. This name is great because it has a lot of the vowel ‘e,’ which cats are said to respond best to.
- Fox: For a cat with a foxy attitude. Great name for a Somali cat.
- Grizzly: Another name that refers to the brown bear.
- Mangalitsa: If you find it a mouthful, how about calling your cat “Litsa”? Inspired by the Mangalitsa pig of Hungarian origin. It is also known as the sheep pig.
- Pallas: Inspired by the Pallas cat.
- Panda: Do you know what the Chinese call pandas? Xiong Mao literally translates to “bear cat.” And we all know how fluffy and cute pandas are.
- Seal: The harp seal is a blubbery cutie. The name sounds great for a lazy cat that’s actually more fat than fluffy.
- Silkie: Inspired by the White Silkie (Bantam) hen. This is one of the cutest, fluffiest creatures to have ever graced the surface of the earth. This chicken looks like it walked right out of a cartoon or an animated Pixar movie.
With this many name suggestions, chances are you’ve found a name that perfectly describes your fluffy cat. Fluffy cats are like clouds—not just appearance-wise, but also because they can feel untouchable yet you know they will never truly leave your side.
Did you pick any one of the above names? If you think there is a category of fluffy cat names we have not covered in this article, please let us know. We are eager to hear your feedback. Fluffy cats can generally take care of themselves, but sometimes they may need your help to fulfill their grooming needs. Make sure you know how to groom a cat.