So, the Force led you here. Rejoice, because your search for the best name for your cat is over. With so many popular and lovable characters, there are many great options of Star Wars names for cats that will show everyone that the Force is with your new cat.
With so many characters in the expanded universe, there isn’t a shortage of great name options, and here you will find the right one. You can choose based on your cat’s personality, or you can let the force guide you and choose the name that just seems right.
In this article, we’ve listed all of the most popular Star Wars cat names for you. And for those of you who are looking for something awesome but less common, we have also listed many more powerful names—each belonging to a character with his/her own unique personality. Let’s start our epic galaxy journey to find the perfect cat name, shall we?
The Most Popular Star Wars Cat Names
From the original story to all the other Star Wars movies that have been released, there is a variety of characters to choose from. Some of them are good, some of them are bad, but they all come with distinctive personalities and traits; not to mention, they all have their own fan base. So, these are the most popular Star Wars cat names inspired by your most loved characters.
- Ahsoka: Aka Ahsoka Tano, a padawan apprentice of Anakin Skywalker that wasn’t a very popular character in the beginning. But as she grew, Ashoka became one of the strongest female characters in all the movies, and she made an appearance in The Clone Wars. For cats that never give up.
- Anakin: Born as a human man, Anakin Skywalker was force sensitive. He first served as Jedi Knight and was believed to be the promised child that would bring balance to the force. His corruption transformed him into Darth Vader—one of the most iconic villain characters of all time.
- Biggs: A human pilot who was a childhood friend of Luke Skywalker. In the early days of the Galactic Civil War, he fought with the Alliance to restore the Republic. For cats that provide wonderful companionship.
- Boba: Has a vast knowledge of martial arts and a special Mandalorian armor which made him one of the most feared bounty hunters in the galaxy. He first appeared in The Empire Strikes Back as one of the main villains.
- Bodhi: Aka Bodhi Rook, a former Imperial pilot who defected and joined forces with the rebels. He appeared in the movie Rogue One where he tried to steal the planes to the Death Star.
- Chewie: Or Chewbacca, a legendary warrior and a part of the rebel group that freed the Galaxy. This is an iconic character and also one of the most popular Star Wars cat names that can be used for fluffy and long-haired cats.
- Cody: A Clone commander who served in the Grand Army. He was loyal, great in combat, and well-respected. For intelligent and wholesome cats.
- Darth: Short for Darth Vader, which translates into “Dark Lord.” The great villain and former Jedi Anakin Skywalker. This is a very popular choice as cat names go and can be used for evil mastermind cats. Try our article here for many more evil cat names.
- Dooku: A Sith Lord who was born as a force sensitive human. He was a Jedi who left the order and joined the darker powers.
- Ewoks: Furry, curious beings that live in the forest moon of Endor. They first appeared in Return of the Jedi as hunter-gatherers that resembled teddy bears. Great for cats with thick coats of hair.
- Finn: A stormtrooper for the First Order who ran away from them when he realized how cruel they were. He appeared in The Force Awakens and joined the resistance.
- Han Solo: Originally a smuggler, he later became captain of the Millennium Falcon and leader of the Rebel Alliance. This is a very popular name, and you can use either Han or Solo as a great name for adventurous cats.
- Hera: A female revolutionary and a central figure during the rebellion against the Galactic Empire. She is a skilled leader, pilot, and warrior. She made her appearance in the Star Wars Rebels. Great name for badass female cats.
- Hux: A human officer who served the First Order and was famous for his ruthlessness. He always appears prim and proper. If you want your cat to look like him, you should learn how to groom a cat.
- Jedi: An order that studies and teaches the Force to protect those in need. Jedi warriors fight only in self-defense and always try to work things out peacefully.
- Jyn: A former female criminal that appeared in Rogue One, and tried to help the Rebel Alliance by stealing the plans for Death Star.
- Kylo: Aka Kylo Ren, a force sensitive man who was on the dark side and the leader of the First Order. He appeared in The Force Awakens and wanted to destroy all the Jedi. His real name is Ben Solo, son of Han Solo and Princess Leia.
- Lando: A smuggler who wanted to get rich quickly but changed to become one of the most selfless leaders in the fight against the Empire.
- Leia: One of the greatest leaders of the Rebel Alliance—a fearless and strong character. Leia is one of the most common Star Wars names for female cats since this is one of the most interesting characters in the movies.
- Luke: Luke Skywalker was the twin brother of Leia, and one of the most powerful Jedi masters who defeated the Sith and the Galactic Order.
- Maul: Or Darth Maul—a Sith Lord that was trained by the evil Darth Sidious. He wanted to rule the galaxy and destroy the Jedi order. For cats that maul his toys mercilessly. You might want to create many DIY cat toys so your cat will never run out of fun and you won’t run out of money.
- Maz: Or Maz Kanata. She appeared in The Force Awakens, and she was more than a thousand years old; she could sense the Force’s flow.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: A legendary Jedi master who trained Anakin Skywalker and was also a mentor to Luke. He is kind and noble and one of the fan base’s favorite characters.
- Padme: Aka Padme Amidala—the wife of Anakin Skywalker and a courageous queen of Nobu.
- Phasma: Female captain of the First Order that appeared in The Force Awakens.
- Poe: A human pilot and one of Leia’s most trusted warriors that served as a captain during the fights with First Order.
- Rex: A clone trooper captain that served during the Clone Wars and later fought to end the Galactic Civil War. He is also known as CT-7567 but can you imagine yourself calling your cat that?
- Rey: A human female that is brave, strong, and loyal to her friends; her first appearance was in The Force Awakens. She gets involved in resistance fights against the First Order.
- Sabine: A female human warrior and revolutionary leader during the early rebellion with the Galactic Empire. She appeared in Star Wars Rebels. She is an expert with explosive and loves graffiti.
- Tarkin: A human who was made to be the Grand Moff; he was loyal to Galactic Empire. Tarkin was stationed to guard the Death Star and was killed when Luke Skywalker managed to destroy it.
- Windu: Or Mance Windu. He was a Jedi master, and he was promoting old Jedi ways during the growing influence of the dark forces. He appeared in Clone Wars where he served in the Grand Army of the Republic.
- Wookiee: Meaning “people of the trees.” A hairy humanoid species from the planet Kashyyyk. Chewbacca belongs to this species, and this is a good cat name if you want something less common.
- Yoda: A famous Jedi master who had a strong connection with the force and also trained Luke Skywalker. This is a famous character that first appeared in The Empire Strikes Back, and a great name for smart, strong, and calm cats that are lovable.
- Zeb: Or Garazeb Orrelios. The captain of the Lasan High Honor Guard that joined forces with the rebels in the fight against the Empire. He has a muscular build and is very cunning, which can nicely describe so many male cats.
“The Phantom Menace” Star Wars Cat Names
This is a long-awaited fourth movie of the saga and the first in the prequel trilogy.
Besides some of the already-listed names like Padme Amidala and Obi-Wan Kenobi, this movie has many more great characters that can be an inspiration for your cat’s name.
- Finis: A civil servant who managed to get the Jedi Knights to break the blockage of Nobu.
- Jar Jar Blinks: A military commander who played a big role in the invasion of Nobu that resulted in the fall of the Galactic Republic and the creation of the Galactic Empire.
- Nute: Or Nute Gunray. A greedy Viceroy of Trade Confederation who conspired with Darth Sidious about the Nobu invasion. For sneaky cats.
- Palpatine: Also known as Darth Sidious. The most powerful Dark Lord of the Sith and his only wish was to overthrow the Republic and the Jedi order.
- Panaka: A loyal captain during the Trade Confederation invasion and he was famous for his selfless devotion to his queen. This name seems right for loving and devoted cats.
- Qui Gon: A Jedi Master trained by Count Dooku who wasn’t used to the rules and liked to follow his instincts. He was the first who sensed the Force potential in Anakin Skywalker and wanted him to become a Jedi. For sharp cats that learn tricks such as the ones you can find in this article
- Sabe: During the invasion of Nobu, Sabe served as her queen’s double and prevented her from getting captured. For brave cats.
- Wald: He was one of Anakin’s playmates when he was a slave in Mos Espa Slave Quarters.
- Watto: An evil looking junk dealer, human trafficker, and gambler who won Anakin Skywalker and his mother in a bet. Later he lost Anakin to Qui Gon, also in a bet.
“Attack Of The Clones” Star Wars Cat Names
This is the second movie of the prequel trilogy, and it is set ten years after The Phantom Menace.
With the inclusion of some new characters, here are more choices for great Star Wars cat names.
- Ayala: The full name of this exotic-looking female Jedi is Ayala Secura. Can be used for graceful female cats with stunning beauty.
- Bultar: She was a Jedi Knight who was excellent in martial arts and was respected for her beliefs.
- Depa: A female Jedi that was a smart problem solver who cared for her friends, and she was present when Qui Gon discovered Anakin who was believed to be the chosen one.
- Dexter: A cook and an old friend of Obi-Wan Kenobi who was there to help him when he needed it. For cats that can always tell when you just need some quiet companionship.
- Dorme: One of Padme Amidala’s extremely loyal and devoted female bodyguards who only wanted to protect her.
- Jango: Jango Frett is considered to be the greatest bounty hunter in the Galaxy, and his name can serve as inspiration for cats that are great hunters.
- Plo Koon: Considered to be one of the wisest members of Jedi Order. He’s very controlled and calm. If this sounds like your cat, you can go with just Plo or Koon—both are short and sound nice.
- Shaak Ti: A wise and patient Jedi master that trained clone cadets.
- Shmi: Shmi Skywalker was a strong and resilient woman who was able to survive slavery and gave her son Anakin to the Jedi Order to be trained. If you want your cat to become a mother, you should learn more about the stages of a cat’s pregnancy so you can help her along.
- Zam: A shape-shifting assassin that was supposed to kill Padme Amidala.
- Zett: A young Padawan who fought bravely when clone troopers attacked the Jedi temple.
“Rogue One” Star Wars Cat Names
Let us refresh your memory about some of the major characters from Rogue One.
- Baze: A hardened soldier that likes to use a canon while fighting and is kept in check by his friend Chirrut.
- Cassian: Has a lot of field experience and is a valued member of the Rebel troops because he acts fast and can think clearly even while fighting.
- Chirrut: A highly skilled warrior that believes that all things are connected through the Force.
- Draven: A general that represents the Alliance intelligence in the rebel council. He is the best when it comes to infiltration and assassination.
- Orson: The Director of the Advanced Weapons Research and he is obsessed with finishing the Death Star project. For cats that are focused and can hunt or play for hours.
There are so many Star Wars characters that can serve as inspiration for your new cat’s name, and we can’t possibly list them all. But we hope that we provided you with plenty of great options and that you can feel that the force is strong in them.
Finding the perfect name for a cat can be hard sometimes, but now that you are inspired, we are confident that soon enough your cat will have a powerful new name that is perfect for him/her.
Did we forget to list your favorite Star Wars-inspired choice for a cat name? If so, please share it with us in the comment section below. If none of the Star Wars cat names seemed right for you, we recommend that you try our article on Game of Thrones cat names.